Winter Football is Back
We welcome back regular winter football this Saturday at Kaleen and at away fixtures across the region.
We hope you are all raring to go!
Coaching Expo – ‘Teaching Behaviours’
Capital Football is hosting a Coaching Expo on ‘Teaching Behaviours’.
The session, to be run by Capital Football’s Phil Booth and Ali Efe, will show coaches the importance of teaching ‘good habits and behaviours’ in players.
Scheduled for Friday 21 July at Hawker Synthetic, the coaches can register here.
Full Course details:
July 21st Friday
Hawker Synthetic Field
6 pm to 8 pm
Hoodies & Track Jackets/Pants Online
Head over to KonQa to get your items today!
Women’s World Cup starts next Thursday
The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 in Australia and New Zealand kicks-off next Thursday, 20/7/2023 with the Matildas playing the Republic of Ireland.
Alternatively, all Matildas group games are televised by the Seven Network and Optus Sports. All the games during the tournament will be also be available on Optus Sports, either live, as a full replay, Mini-Matches or highlights.
So don your green and gold attire to cheer the Matildas to victory!
Play On Exhibition – Celebrating Womens Football
Coinciding with the Women’s World Cup being played right here in Australia and New Zealand, the University of Canberra and local Canberrans have organised the Play On Exhibition – Celebrating Womens Football From Grassroots to Glory.
The exhibition includes silverware, footage, stories and player jerseys, to take you on a discovery of the women who came before today’s multi-champion Matildas and their local community stories and beginnings.
Sponsor of the Week: Shaw Building Group
Shaw Building Group are one of our MiniRoos jersey sponsors. Established in 1989, Shaw Building Group have a range of construction professionals that work closely with clients to ensure their project expectations are met with high-quality, cost-effective outcomes. Since the company’s inception, they have successfully undertaken over $1B worth of construction work.
At Shaw Building Group, we’ve learnt that the key to successful project delivery is teamwork, not just between the people undertaking the work – the project/construction manager, the project architect, other design professionals and sub-contractors – but also our client.
You can contact Shaw Building Group here.
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
Roles that are available now.
- Treasurer (volunteer/committee): Responsible for maintaining the financial accounts, receiving money, and paying invoices. A financial background with knowledge of bookkeeping is desirable. Belnorth’s bookkeeping is managed with Quickbooks.
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- Secretary (volunteer/committee member): Custody of books, Public Officer, maintain written records, take minutes and record action items, lodgement of documentation with Access Canberra.
- President (volunteer/committee member): Capital Football Liaison (disciplinary), Representative on External Meetings, Public Grant Administration, External Media Liaison.
- Vice President (volunteer/committee): Responsible for assisting the President.
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick. If you want to help, please email email@example.com.
”I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou