U5-U9 and Senior Games Return
After the reconciliation long weekend, U5-U9 and Senior games return. We have games every week now until the ACT School Holidays in July. This includes games on the Kings/Queens birthday long weekend on the 10th and 11th of June.
All fixtures are available here.
Junior Team Photos
Junior Team Photos this season will be conducted at The Clubhouse Kaleen by Michael Thompson Photography (MTP), over two Friday afternoon/evenings, the 16/6 and 23/6. Photo session times will be shared when finalised.
The Clubhouse Kaleen is a good place to tuck into meal after or before the photo sessions and for that matter after a game on the weekend.
Team Photo Schedules will be released shortly by the photographer.
Kanga Cup Provisional Pools Released
Belnorth FC have thirteen teams entered into the 2023 Kanga Cup. Provisional pools are available here.
Riley McQueenie Heads to Arizona
Congratulations and good luck to Belnorth junior Riley McQueenie on her scholarship to Arizona Western College. The former BUFC and CUA player heads to the states to play for the Matadors for two years.
The boot bin is available every Saturday Junior game day at Kaleen on Saturdays for both donations and grabbing some boots.
25% Off Steigen Sock Range at New Step Podiatry
New Step Podiatry, one of our MiniRoos sponsors, is generously offering Belnorth members a 25% discount on their Steigen Sock Range for the month of June in-store.
Steigen Socks are great to wear underneath shin guards and to prevent blisters, not to mention as an extra layer to keep warm during those frosty winter mornings.
To get the Steigen Socks along with the discount, head to New Step Podiatry Clinic in Florey and quote code NSPBelnorth25.
Club Shop takes a break
The Club Shop will be closed until the new stock of socks and shorts comes in. We will update you via the newsletter and social media on when supplies are replenished, and the shop is ready to reopen.
Still available on the KonQa online store are the Spray Jackets ($75) and Backpacks ($66).
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
Roles that are available now.
- Treasurer (volunteer/committee): Responsible for maintaining the financial accounts, receiving money, and paying invoices. A financial background with knowledge of bookkeeping is desirable. Belnorth’s bookkeeping is managed with Quickbooks.
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- President (volunteer/committee member): Capital Football Liaison (disciplinary), Representative on External Meetings, Public Grant Administration, External Media Liaison.
- Vice President (volunteer/committee): Responsible for assisting the President.
- Team Coaches (volunteer): junior and senior women teams need coaches.
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick. If you want to help, please email email@example.com.
”I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou