Junior Team Photos
Junior Team Photos this season will be conducted at The Clubhouse Kaleen by Michael Thompson Photography (MTP) over two Friday afternoons/evenings, the 16/6 and 23/6. Photo session times will be shared when finalised.
The Clubhouse Kaleen is a good place to tuck into a meal after or before the photo sessions and for that matter, after a game on the weekend.
Registrars will confirm team lists with team managers/coaches and ask if anyone wishes to opt out of team photos.
Kanga Cup Registrations Closes Monday
Kanga Cup team registrations have been extended until the 22nd of May.
If you need help registering or recruiting more players to form a team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support Belnorth teams in entering the Kanga Cup, Belnorth offers a 25% rebate on the entry fee. Once entered, teams can apply via the form here.
Female Football Week
Female Football Week (FFW) starts on Friday, the 19th of May and runs until Sunday, the 28th of May. It includes:
- Friday 19 May: Female Futsal Session (CF) at Dickson College from 7 to 7:55 pm
- Sat/Sun 20/21 May: FFW Round Matches (CF) wear purple ribbons to celebrate women and girls in football
- Wednesday, 24 May: Female Referee Event (CF) a practical session, no refereeing experience required (6:30 pm at a venue TBA).
- Friday 26 May: FFW Networking & Awards Brunch (CF) 9 am to 12 pm at Rex Hotel and via social media.
- Sunday 28 May: Belnorth FC SLW catch-up Gala Day Kaleen 1 Playing Fields
For more information about CF Events, contact Clare Pyc at email@example.com. For Belnorth events or if you want to promote your own FFW event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
U6 Open Players Needed
Some U6 Open teams need extra players. Please contact Ron via email@example.com for more information.
School Sport ACT Football Trials
School Sport ACT State Team Selection Trials are open for U18 Girls, U12 Girls and U12 Boys. More information is available here.
Belnorth FC is establishing a Boot Bin for second-hand boots. Members can donate second-hand boots to be left in a bin which will be available for other members to check out during Saturday Junior game days at Kaleen on Saturdays.
If you have old boots that are good for another pair of feet to run around in and kick balls, please drop them off at Kaleen on Saturday game days.
National Volunteer Week 15th to 21st of May
National Volunteer Week is being celebrated this week, from 15/5 to 21/5.
Currently, we have 131 registered volunteers* on PlayFootball, 74 coaches and 48 managers for 127 teams, along with 8 committee members and 1 MPIO.
That isn’t a complete snapshot of all our volunteers, as we have unregistered volunteers running the line for games along with fill-in referees and Club Vested Officials (CVOs).
All this is from a pool of nearly 2400 members when assuming two parents/guardians per child with 1307 registered players across juniors and seniors. This gives us a registered volunteer ratio of 10.02% per participant and 5.51% per member.
If you want to join these numbers as a volunteer, check out the vacant roles at the end of the newsletter and see what you fancy. The club is only as good as what you make it!
*Unregistered coaches and managers, please get registered ASAP.
“There is always strength in numbers. The more individuals or organizations that you can rally to your cause, the better.” Mark Shields
Club Shop takes a break
The Club Shop will be closed for a few weeks until the new stock of socks and shorts comes in. We will update you when supplies are replenished, and the shop reopens.
Still available on the KonQa online store are the Spray Jackets ($75) and Backpacks ($66).
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
Roles that are available now.
- Treasurer (volunteer/committee): Responsible for maintaining the financial accounts, receiving money, and paying invoices. A financial background with knowledge of bookkeeping is desirable. Belnorth’s bookkeeping is managed with Quickbooks.
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- President (volunteer/committee member): Capital Football Liaison (disciplinary), Representative on External Meetings, Public Grant Administration, External Media Liaison.
- Vice President (volunteer/committee): Responsible for assisting the President.
- Team Coaches (volunteer): Junior and senior women’s teams need coaches.
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick. If you want to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
”I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou