Australia Cup Third Preliminary Round
Our Belnorth FC State League One team are back at it in the Australia Cup in the third preliminary round. They are playing Woden Valley SC away at Hawker Football Centre this Saturday, 4th of March, 5 pm KO.
Players needed U10 to U18 and Senior Women
We still need players in most age groups from U10 to U18 Open and Girls along with State League Women to fill out the teams. So if you have friends that would like to play, give them the push to join Belnorth in 2023 and get them into a yellow jersey!
Potential Women players are invited to come to training on Sunday 5 pm at Giralang field 4. Further details can be obtained from Ruth via firstname.lastname@example.org.
U5-U9 registrations are still open and will close 31/3/2023.
Check out the website for more information on:
To sweeten the deal, everyone who registers by the due date will be in the running to win a suite of prizes worth over $1800. Winners will be drawn on 1/4/2023.
Playing up an Age Group
Players will only be able to register their child to the age group they belong to. For players that want to play up an age group, they can be registered into their proper age group and email the relevant Registrar to let them know their intention to play up. If there is any difference in registration cost, you will be invoiced the difference once teams are announced.
- U5-U7 Open: email@example.com.
- U8-U9 Open & U6-U9 Girls: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U10-U11 Open & Girls: email@example.com.
- U12-U18 Open & Girls: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shorts, Socks, Boots, Shinpads & Merch
Preseason means buying football gear for the season ahead. Before 2023, most items needed were available at Rebel Sport Belconnen. Due to some restructuring at Rebel Sport, the Belconnen store can’t sell Belnorth gear anymore. To solve this, Belnorth FC has teamed up with KonQa to sell Belnorth shorts and socks online and on-site at Kaleen.
The silver lining of this change is the expansion of Belnorth branded gear. Beanies, hoodies, caps, tracksuits, backpacks and polos, among other items, will be available to players, parents and supporters.
Shorts, socks and merchandise will be available from the club online or on-site by approximately April. Details will be released when they are available.
Rebel Sports Belconnen will still be the retailer of choice for boots, shin pads and other non-branded Belnorth gear.
What about jerseys? Jerseys are owned and supplied by the club. They are given to teams via coaches/managers at the start of the season and returned at the end of the season.
At Belnorth, we keep U5-U9 teams together, so parents don’t need to let us know they want their child to stay in the same team. Only contact us if you want to try a different team in 2023.
Also worth considering when making team addition requests, U5 to U9 teams have team size limits to ensure all players get a good run on the field. U5 to U7 are limited to 7 players, and U8 to U9 are limited to 10.
The best contacts for these age groups are:
Belnorth FC Coach EOI
Want to be a coach at Belnorth in 2023? If so, fill out the EOI form.
Become a Game Leader in March
Registrations for Game Leader referee courses in March are now open, with the age lowered to 12 years old!
More information and how to register here.
Working Bees during the preseason
The club will hold working bees during the preseason to prepare for the winter season. We will organise Junior and Senior bee hives. We would love to have you along to help out.
Please email us at email@example.com to put your hand up. And thank you to those that have already volunteered.
“It takes a hive of bees to make a honey pot.”
Team Kit Returns
If you are a coach, manager, parent or player, who has missed the kit returns so far, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can coordinate a belated return.
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
The “off-season” is the ideal time to volunteer and help prepare for 2023. There is always something to do!
Roles that are available now.
- Game Day Manager/Helper Roles (paid): Game Day staff help with distributing equipment (goals, flags, etc) for game days and assisting members including the administration of first aid. First Aid and CPR qualifications are required.
- Treasurer (volunteer/committee): Responsible for maintaining the financial accounts, receiving money, and paying invoices. A financial background with knowledge of bookkeeping is desirable. Belnorth’s bookkeeping is managed with Quickbooks.
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- President (volunteer/committee member): Capital Football Liaison (disciplinary), Representative on External Meetings, Public Grant Administration, External Media Liaison.
- Vice President (volunteer/committee): Responsible for assisting the President.
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick, so if you want to help, please email email@example.com.
“I always wondered why somebody didn’t do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.” Lily Tomlin