Players still needed for U14 Open/Girls & Women
We still need some players in the below age groups.
- U14 Girls (Div 1 & 2, aged U13/U14, maybe U12): contact Jane firstname.lastname@example.org
- U14 Open (Div 2, aged U13/U14): contact Jane email@example.com
- Women (Div 4 & 5): contact Ruth firstname.lastname@example.org
U5-U9 registrations are still open and will close on 31/3/2023.
Information on registration fees is available here.
To sweeten the deal, everyone who registers by the due date will be in the running to win a suite of prizes worth over $1800. Winners will be drawn on 1/4/2023.
Having problems paying registration?
If you are finding it hard to make ends meet and pay registration, please consider Belnorth’s Payment Plans (Powered by Zip Co) and our Hardship scholarships.
Coaches Needed for Juniors and Senior Women
The club is volunteer-run, and an essential cog in the machine are coaches along with managers.
If your child’s team is needing a coach, don’t be scared to put your hand up to coach. There are resources and courses available to give you the tools to make training sessions a breeze. Co-coaching and assistant coaching are also encouraged and it is highly desirable to have a manager.
Teamwork on and off the pitch makes the dream work!
We have various coaching vacancies in junior teams and our State League Womens Division Four team.
Want to be a coach at Belnorth in 2023? Let the relevant registrar know or fill out the EOI form.
Belnorth into the 4th Preliminary Round of the Australia Cup
Our Belnorth FC State League One team cruised past Woden Valley SC in the third preliminary round of the Australia Cup, winning 7-1 at Hawker on Saturday. They next face Weston Molonglo away in the fourth preliminary round. The venue, date and time are yet to be finalised, but it will be held between the 15th and the 22nd of March.
Boots get a second life in Fiji
Thank you to Gemma and Tony for helping us get some second-hand boots donated by Belnorth members onto the feet of kids in Fiji.
Great to see them find a new home.
Become a Game Leader in March
Registrations for Game Leader referee courses in March are now open, with the age lowered to 12 years old!
More information and how to register here.
Working Bees during the preseason
The club will hold working bees during the preseason to prepare for the winter season. We will organise Junior and Senior bee hives. We would love to have you along to help out.
Please email us at email@example.com to put your hand up. And thank you to those that have already volunteered.
“It takes a hive of bees to make a honey pot.”
Team Kit Returns
If you are a coach, manager, parent or player, who has missed the kit returns so far, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can coordinate a belated return.
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
The “off-season” is the ideal time to volunteer and help prepare for 2023. There is always something to do!
Roles that are available now.
- Game Day Manager/Helper Roles (paid): Game Day staff help with distributing equipment (goals, flags, etc.) for game days and assisting members, including the administration of first aid. First Aid and CPR qualifications are required.
- Treasurer (volunteer/committee): Responsible for maintaining the financial accounts, receiving money, and paying invoices. A financial background with knowledge of bookkeeping is desirable. Belnorth’s bookkeeping is managed with Quickbooks.
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- President (volunteer/committee member): Capital Football Liaison (disciplinary), Representative on External Meetings, Public Grant Administration, External Media Liaison.
- Vice President (volunteer/committee): Responsible for assisting the President.
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick, so if you want to help, please email email@example.com.
“I always wondered why somebody didn’t do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.” Lily Tomlin