Welcome to new & returning players
Thank you, and welcome to everyone who has registered for the new season.
Most senior teams have already gotten one round under their belts on the 1st and 2nd of April. Our U10 to U18 teams are the next to suit up and play on 22nd April. Draft draws have been released and are available via Dribl.
Our U5 to U9 teams will begin with a season launch and jersey presentation on 22nd April, with games to start the following weekend on 29th April.
Australia Cup 5th Round Fixture Set
Belnorth FC has drawn a home tie against neighbouring CPL team Belconnen United FC in the 5th round of the Australia Cup.
When: 6:30 pm Kick-Off, Wednesday 19th April
Where: Gungahlin Enclosed, Warwick St, Gungahlin ACT 2912
Come along, and wear yellow and blue to cheer the boys on.
U5 to U9 Teams Release
U5 to U7 Open teams are still being organised, with an expected release over the weekend of the 15/16th of April.
The U6/7 Girls, U8/9 Girls, U8 Open and U9 Open teams have been announced. If you have yet to receive an email, don’t hesitate to contact Kat via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Players still needed for U12, U14 & U15
We still need some players in the below age groups.
- U12 div 3 Girls: 1 player
- U14 div 1 & 2 Open: 2-3 players each
- U14 div 1 & 2 Girls: 1 player each
- U15 div 1 Open: 1 player
Contact Jane at email@example.com for more details.
Shorts, Socks & Merch
2023 marks a significant change for the club in the distribution and sale of shorts, socks and other merchandise. Previously, we were fortunate that Rebel sold our gear out of their Belconnen store, but unfortunately, that arrangement has ceased.
The club’s volunteers now need to distribute and sell these items to members. This will involve a hybrid model with most items sold directly by the club at Kaleen playing fields at select times and other gear sold online through KonQa, our kit and merchandise supplier.
Sold directly from the club:
- Unisex Shorts $38
- Womens Shorts $38*
- Socks $22*
- Beanies $20
- Baseball Caps $25
- Scarves $30
- Polos $60*
* awaiting delivery of Womens Shorts, Polos and Belnorth Socks. Generic yellow socks are available for $10. Updates will be provided when available.
Available on the KonQa store:
- Spray Jackets $75
- Backpacks $66
- Hoodies $70^
- Track Jackets $75^
- Track Pants $60^
^ Pre-order items until 7/5/2023 with an expected mid-June arrival.
Members will be able to buy merchandise at Kaleen Playing Fields on Saturday 15th of April between 10 am to 12 pm.
Further sessions after this date will be announced, including some weeknights in the lead up to the junior season.
Game Day Manager/First Aid – Paid Role
Game Day Managers/First Aid Officers are needed for Saturday Kaleen Junior Game Days during the winter season. The role is paid.
Game Day Managers assist members by distributing equipment (goals, flags, etc.) on game days and administering first aid.
Potential applicants should be 18 or older with First Aid and CPR qualifications.
To express interest, email your CV and proof of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coaches Needed for Juniors & Senior Women
The club is volunteer-run, and coaches and managers are an essential cog in the machine.
If your child’s team needs a coach, don’t be scared to put your hand up to volunteer. Resources and courses are available to give you the tools to make training sessions a breeze. Co-coaching and assistant coaching are also encouraged, and it is highly desirable to have a manager.
Want to be a coach at Belnorth in 2023?
Let the relevant registrar know or fill out the EOI form.
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
Roles that are vacant and available now.
- Game Day Manager Roles (paid): Game Day staff help with distributing equipment (goals, flags, etc.) for game days and assisting members, including the administration of first aid. First Aid and CPR qualifications are required.
- Treasurer (volunteer/committee): Responsible for maintaining the financial accounts, receiving money, and paying invoices. A financial background with knowledge of bookkeeping is desirable. Belnorth’s bookkeeping is managed with Quickbooks.
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- President (volunteer/committee member): Capital Football Liaison (disciplinary), Representative on External Meetings, Public Grant Administration, External Media Liaison.
- Vice President (volunteer/committee): Responsible for assisting the President.
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick. If you want to help, please email email@example.com.
“I always wondered why somebody didn’t do something about that. Then I realised I was somebody.” Lily Tomlin