There was a fantastic turnout at our Junior and Senior Presentation events on Saturday to celebrate the end of the 2022 season! Seeing so many Belnorth Community members at our first in-person Presentation events in three years was great!
It was great to celebrate the achievements of players, coaches, managers, volunteers, referees and game leaders at the presentations. Over the day, we handed out over 600 trophies, medals and plaques to members of our 115 teams!
For the first time, we also held a raffle to raise funds for the 2023 Hardship Scholarship. In 2022, the Belnorth Hardship Scholarship supported seven members of the Belnorth Community to play football, where hardship may have otherwise prevented them.
We raised over $1700 for the 2023 scholarship. Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket, and congratulations to the Junior and Senior Raffle winners. All winners have been notified.
Thank you to the volunteers on the day who helped with the food and drink stations, Brendon, Ellen, Zoe and Chris; Graeme Farrugia Cabinetworks who supplied his trailer to help with the pizza box and rubbish removal; and UC Kaleen High School for allowing us to use the school gym and grounds.
Club Award Winners
Congratulations to all the below Club Award winners, and thank you to all who made nominations.
- Club Person of the Year: Chris & Jen Watkins
- Club Volunteer of the Year: Lisa McLaren
- Junior Club Person of the Year: Aj Schiavello
- Senior Club Person of the Year: Georgina Williams
- Henk Thijssens Golden Whistle (Game Leader): Ben Dugard
- Henk Thijssens Golden Whistle (Referee): Jacqui Weinhardt
- Junior Coach of the Year: Chara Sbirakos
- Miniroos Coach of the Year: Richard Pietrukowski
- Junior League Coach of the Year: Thomas Rolke
- Senior Coach of the Year: Glenn Smith
- Junior Player of the Year (Female): Isabella Howie
- Junior Player of the Year (Male): Angus Jaensch
- Senior Player of the Year (Female): Melanie Lloyd
- Senior Player of the Year (Male): Sean Moran
- Mathew Starke Memorial Award: Jane McInally
- Sue O’Dwyer Memorial Award: CLM5s Stingrays & WSL6 Gunners
- President’s Commendations: Ruth Parker & Craig Tozer
Team Kit Returns
Well done, teams, parents and players! After a couple of years of makeshift kit returns during the pandemic, most team kits were returned on Saturday!
If you are a coach, manager, parent or player, who missed the kit return, please email us via email@example.com so we can coordinate a belated return.
Henk’s Summer Comp
Nominations are open for Henk’s Summer Comp.
Henk’s Summer Comp is a 6-a-side competition played on small-sided fields (U5-U7 play 4-a-side). It is open to players of all abilities who are U5 to U18 and Seniors.
The competition will run from October through December on Mondays (Juniors) and Tuesdays (Seniors).
Nomination forms and competition details are available on our Summer Page. Nominations close 30th of September.
Nominate a team, group or as an individual now!
Capital Football will run their Walking Football Summer Competition for those over 45 at Hawker on Wednesdays from October to March.
More details about Walking Football and an EOI form can be found here.
Coerver Coaching ACT Holiday Camps
Can’t miss out on football, even in the school holidays? Then check out Coerver Coaching ACT’s Holiday Camps. 12 hours of soccer-filled fun for children aged 4-16 years.
Run from 26th to 29th September with a northside camp at UC and a southside camp at Trinity Christian School.
Further details can be found here.
Current Belnorth FC Vacancies
With the “off-season” fast approaching, now is the ideal time to volunteer for the off-season and help plan for 2023. There is always something to do!
Some of the roles available now are below.
- Summer Comp Referees (Paid): referee 6-a-side games
- Small Side Games Registrar (volunteer/committee member): Manages the registration and running of the U10 and U11 age groups along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
- Grounds and Fixtures Officer (volunteer/committee member): Manages the ground bookings, training field allocations and field equipment (goals/flags) along with general committee member duties (e.g. meetings, decisions)
Every volunteer, whether a coach, manager, CVO, referee or committee member, helps the club tick, so if you want to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Life’s What You Make It”